Thanks to our Facebook fans here is our first suggested recipe.
First thing to do, which can be done days in advance, is make the red onion confit.
- Thinly slice 2 red onions and place in a deep roasting tray
- Add 3 tablespoons of soft brown sugar, 1 star anise, 1 small pinch of mixed spice and 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- Cover with foil and cook in the oven at 160 for approx 30-45 minutes, stirring occassionally.
- Allow to cool before use.
Next step is to make the salsa.
- Deseed 1 tomato and finely dice
- Finely chop some parsley and spring onion
- Season to taste
- Add a small amount of olive oil until just loose.
- Place 1 sheet of Parma ham flat on a chopping board.
- Place 3 spear of asparagus on top.
- Then add a thin slice of camembert and roll it up in the Parma ham as tightly as you can.
- Place on a baking tray, season lightly and dress with a small amount of olive oil.
To put the dish together:
- Place the asparagus parcel in a pre-heated oven at 180 for approx 2-3 minutes, until just cooked.
- Remove and allow to cool slightly.
- Place a teaspoon of the red onion confit on the centre of a plate and top with a small amount of rocket.
- Add the asparagus parcel and then dress with the salsa.
Done, now enjoy!
I will put up another recipe, from your suggestions very soon, so please watch this space. Also once you have tried any of the recipes or have any questions at all please let us know your thoughts.